Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Idiot Box : part 6



21. Comedy circus : It comes as a gentle breeze in an otherwise chaotic and dry life. I thoroughly enjoy each and every episode of comedy circus and am amazed each time to see the amount of talent. The show is simply hilarious. Mubin and Sidharth are my favorites.


22. Comedy nights with Kapil - Some do think they have a sense of humor but it is so easy to get carried away- leave the land of humor and enter the territory of insulting others. Two most important things required to be a great comedian are timing and knowing where to stop.

Kapil has an impeccable comedy timing and knows where to stop. Sunil Grover who featured on the show earlier is one of the finest comedians, he has a class. After Sunil left the show it got boring for me. I enjoy celebrity interviews on the show rest of it is way too loud for my taste.

23. Satyamev Jayate: Amir Khan discusses social issues in India. I do not know if any shows can bring about social reforms but I feel Aamir Khan might bring about a revolution in small parts of the country. The amount of research Aamir and his team has put into the show was clearly visible with the facts and figures presented. Every aspect of the issue was covered with great diligence.

Awaiting to watch the second season (starts in March 2014).

24. Khupte tithe gupte : I do not know half of the people coming on the show but half of them are the ones I have watched all my growing years. It feels great to see the interviews of Marathi actors/ musicians/ politicians/ poets and social workers.


25. Koffee with Karan : I do not wait for any other show as much as I wait for Koffee with Karan. The show is success simply because of Karan Johar's effervescent personality. The juicy gossip is a dollop on top.

No comments: