Sunday, February 02, 2014

Studio Ghibli Films


When I watch Studio Ghibli films I feel a strong sense of familiarity and at the same time experience a feeling of strangeness!

There are no heroes or villains in their films; it would be an overly simplistic theme for Ghibli.

Ghibli films are about witches, robots, war-torn wastelands, wonder, love and about simple everyday things. These films are brilliant work of creation.
How does one recommend a first Ghibli film? They are ALL so good. 


Except spirited away and the cat returns I am in awe of all their films.

Here is a list of some Ghibli Films that I liked:

1. Castle in the sky
2. Grave of Fireflies
3. My neighbor Totoro
4. Only Yesterday
5. Whisper of the Heart
6. My neighbors the Yamadas
7. Howl's moving castle
8. Arriety
9. From up on Poppy hill



No comments: