Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Almost Single

Almost Single - Advaita Kala

Women today are independent, they get married late, get separated/ divorced without having to be stuck in nasty marriages. They live alone and do not depend on any man to take care of them. Indian society is still not very accepting of the situation. Advaita in this book Almost Single writes a story about such three independent women. I loved the book, couldn't put it down, it is simply hilarious. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

Getting things done - David Allen

I always end up taking more projects than I can devote time for and so the need to read these type of books. Nothing new that we do not know about but reading these type of books keeps me on track. I give it 3/5 stars.

Eat that frog - Brian Tracy

This book is on the similar lines of Getting things done, I liked this one better. It talks about 21 ways to get more things done in less time. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

Become a better you - Joel Osteen

I have way too many self help audio books that I play while driving/ cleaning. Though the material in this book is very good don't read it if you are an atheist or agnostic. Not unless you can ignore the word 'God' that appears in every sentence (I am not exaggerating). I am not rating this book simply because it was not meant for me.

1 comment:

Priyaranjan Anand Marathe said...

I am reading GTD too. And I read it while getting ready, before going to bed, when I get free time in between meeting ending earlier. So doing what David tells me to do. At least for reading. :).

I got the book for $1. Tattered copy, but definitely valuable addition to the collection.

And hope you are doing al right this season. No issues with cold or other health issues. Take care.