Saturday, September 12, 2020

Just Random Thoughts...




1. Is there any such thing as bad art? I feel that art is about the process and not the finished piece. The simple act of its creation is what is important. Just doing it is good. There should be no rules in art-making. If ever there was a place that was meant to be free then it is the world of making art.

2. Love stays, relationships finish, and sometimes they last forever. Most of us have experienced it. Celebrate when it does but lovingly release it when it doesn’t. don't get sucked into negative relationships, burn the bridges and move on. The most difficult part is knowing when to do that.

3. Are there many small deaths in a lifetime? There is plenty to heal and a lot of letting go to be done.
Are we meant to seek permanence? but we are always growing, dying and being reborn so change is the only constant. Each one of us is just incredible works in progress.

4. Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved — William Jennings Bryan

5. Emotional stability is great for everyday life but it sucks for writing. Because when nothing is bothering you, or getting on your nerves, what does one write about? But I guess I don't need to worry about that for years, my mind is always overworking, there is enough material to sustain this blog for years to come ;-)

6. Can I tell you a little secret? I take outfit posts for days (for my style blog) in a row and then I don't for months, I get lazy to step out to take pictures when it is dark, gloomy and cold. I still am able to sustain this blog because it's frequency is once a week.

7. Even though I have been writing a blog for last so many years, my ultimate dream is to be a regular YouTuber, make videos and talk nonstop, about books, movies, issues or anything that is on my mind.

8. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr

9. My posts are never in real-time (not even this, this is written on 03/26/2018). I write my basic thoughts, then I ponder over them, then I type the post, then I schedule the post for some time in the future. Then the only time I edit the post is when I want to attach the photos were taken, which are not real-time again, they make it to the blog when I copy them from the camera and then edit them (crop, adjust lights, etc), I do not keep track of the date/time the posts will be published.

As I write this post - my blog posts are already scheduled till August 2020, so this post will make it to sometime after that. If I am run over by a bus tomorrow it won't affect the blog - the posts will continue to publish :-).

10. Over the years I have learned that anything is possible for people who are disciplined. Discipline has many complementary traits as well like self-control, determination and strong will power. Discipline also comes from priority. If you have led a disciplined life for the most parts then you are kind-of on an auto-pilot to lead a 'relatively' healthy and productive life, in present and in future too.







No comments: