Wednesday, June 24, 2015

More Books ....


Can You Keep a Secret? - Sophie Kinsella


I must admit that I love Kinsella's books just like I adore those damsel in distress kind of movies starring Sunny Deol... a lady in trouble and a strong man offering to help this weak person.. as she can not take care of herself and needs a MAN to help her out ... and all that crap, then they fall in love and live happily ever after. Remind yourself to leave your feminism aside and enjoy this book... (4/5)


Confessions of a shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella


Sophie Kinsella's books are like deserts ... you love them but feel guilty once indulged. The female leads in her books (generally) are extremely stupid and millionaires happen to fall in love with them anyways. As if the entire goal of womankind is to find a rich boyfriend. Anyhow, I enjoyed reading the book immensely as I have seen so many shopaholic people who take maximum pleasure in owning things without thinking if they need it or not. I give it 4/5.


The Martian - Andy Weir


This probably was the first hardcore science fiction that I read and I simply loved it. There is a movie being made on this book starring Matt Damon, can't wait to see the film. I give it 5/5.





Rang Manache - Va. Pu. Kale (Marathi book)


Glad that I can read and understand Marathi and can enjoy marvelous books by Marathi writers Va. Pu. Su. Shi. and Pu. La. (4/5)




No comments: