Friday, June 19, 2015

Book Reviews again


Essentialism: the disciplined pursuit of less - Greg McKeown


Self help books - author telling you how awesome they are, these amazing people they have helped, they share their secret with you - how everything is going to change blah blah blah. But to be honest self help books do work. These self indulgent people (and who isn't?) make us feel motivated, inspired and positive even if they chose to ramble 500 pages on minimalism.

Essentialism talks about how to simplify your life, thinking, purpose and cut out all the extraneous stuff that continually distracts us and focus on what is really important (including people). I liked the book. I would definitely recommend it (4/5)

The Girl In Blue - P.G. Wodehouse

I like P.G.'s books. His humor is always subtle and situational. 3/5.
 
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

I am not a big fan of Twain's books. I found it quite boring. 1/5

I am Malala - Malala Yousafzai

Malala and her father have quite a story of bravery. I hope that the women in Pakistan will get to enjoy the same privileges as I do. But I am reviewing the book here and I didn't like it even a bit. I wouldn't recommend it. 1/5.

Love Story - Erich Segal  

I was expecting a masterpiece after hearing about its reputation as a great romance novel. Just because something is well known doesn't make it great I guess. 1/5.

Landline - Rainbow Rowell

I read this book because it was voted best book of 2014 (fiction category) on Goodreads. I mean this book voted the best book of the year??? I am dumbfound, must be something wrong with me to say that it was the worst book I ever read (and I have read quite a few). Read at your own risk! 0/5.




No comments: