Saturday, January 12, 2019

Book Reviews. 2017.2


Reviewing books that I read in 2017.


6. Death by black hole - Neil deGrasse Tyson

This book is a collection of essays that Tyson wrote for Natural History magazine over a ten year period, on a variety of subjects related to science and scientific inquiry. Tyson's perspective and his voice always makes his books stand out from the crowd. 4/5.

7. Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of cosmic evolution  - Neil deGrasse Tyson
This book covers an enormous period of time, fourteen billion years, and even provides some interesting thoughts concerning the future of our planet and galaxy. The theme of the book is clear, it deals with the origin of the universe, the various types of galaxies, the formation of the clusters, all the types of stars, the origin of the planets and life in general. It concerns itself with vague topics like dark matter and dark energy and black holes, all the mysteries of the universe. 5/5.

8. Astrophysics for people in a hurry - Neil deGrasse Tyson
. The book is for people in a hurry and I am not in a hurry
. Astrophysics is not Sophie Kinsella's book story that can be told in three lines (just being a hypocrite, I read all her books).
. People in a hurry should not make an attempt at astrophysics to begin with ;-)
. The book left me wanting to know more, high time Tyson writes a book for people at leisure!
3/5.

9. Belles on their toes - Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.
Cheaper by the dozen is one of my most favorite stories of all times so I had to read it's second part and I was beyond disappointed. 1/5.

10. A little life - Naya Yanagihara
This is a very well rated and a famous book, unfortunately I did not enjoy it at all, first of all it is huge and second of all I had to drag myself everyday to read it. 1/5.

No comments: