1. One may put on weight because of several reasons: pregnancy, childbirth, medical issues, bad diet etc. but the most lame excuse I have heard for being overweight is 'It is genetic!'. The only thing that is genetic or so to say runs in the family is lifestyle, choice of diet and exercise.
2. Who is more attractive - a person who is wearing lot of gold and diamonds or a person who is wearing fitness? Fitness is a philosopher's stone that makes YOU look gold.
3. Fit body is the most precious thing one can have and unfortunately money can’t buy it but hard work and self control can.
4. Body is the only thing that we have from the time we are born till the time we die. We must take proper care of it and certainly not add any poisons to it.
5. For losing weight one needs to sacrifice a lot of things. WRONG. If weight loss is an important goal for you then what you give up is not a sacrifice. Anything that we give up to achieve higher pleasure can not be termed as sacrifice, its a gain. So weight loss is also a gain in a way ;-).