Friday, January 25, 2008

Jeeves and Wooster

I finished watching the entire series of ‘Jeeves and Wooster’. It is based on P.G. Wodehouse’s Jeeves stories. There are 4 seasons with 23 episodes.
Two main actors are:
Stephen Fry as Jeeves and Hugh Laurie (House fame) as Bertie Wooster.

It’s a treat for you if you have already read P.G. Wodehouse. And if you haven’t read P.G. then the first thing you will want after watching the series is to read all his books. I think P.G. is one of the best comic writers. What I like the best about his style is his humour is always situational and clean.

Reading books lets you picture things the way you want, from the look of the character to the locality. I must admit while reading P.G. my visualization version was a little Indianised from their mannerism (e.g. the way Jeeves says ‘Ahem’) to Bertie's house. It was absolutely pleasurable to view the authentic British version.

I am planning to read the books again and envisage Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie as Jeeves and Bertie.

Well, not so good factor about the series: No subtitles are recorded so during some scenes it is difficult to understand heavy British accent.

No comments: